Sunday, January 23, 2011

oh my god, not the children!

At the moment I'm working on a childrens book, together with my mom. She writes and I draw. This is the first time i'm doing such a big project, and I'm definitely liking it. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what techniques I'll be using, but as soon as i've figured that out it won't be so much of a problem making all the images since all the sketches are allready done.
It's a story about two characters, called Ka and Siem. (The names sound less silly in Dutch, and that is the language we're writing in so...)

This is one of the material tests I've made. It's combination between pastel chalk and silk screening.
Before I've tried aquarel and silk screening and gouache and silkscreening. I'll probably end up using all these materials in one image, I'm just trying to figure out the best harmony between all the techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment